Our case studies reveal the human touch behind everything we do. From HR strategy and processes to global People & Culture transformations. Discover how Human in Progress s making a difference for clients and the HR community.
- HR Operational Support
- American company in the engineering industry
- Expansion to Europe, HR support regarding onboarding, compliance, and HR administration in the Netherlands.
- Compliance with local regulations and laws.
- Efficient way of working of the HR team in head office by implementing HR processes.
- Continued HR operational support and advice tailored to the unique needs of the organisation.
Case for Change
The company operating from the Unites States of America had ambitious plans to expand their operations to Europe. After conducting extensive research, they identified the Netherlands as a key market for growth. As the business began to establish a presence in the Netherlands, it became clear that they would require expert support in areas such as onboarding, compliance, and HR matters to ensure a smooth transition and ongoing success.
We started with an HR audit, assessed the current global HR policies and developed a tailored HR support plan that would meet their unique needs. From onboarding new employees to navigating complex compliance regulations, and designing international HR processes, we supported and guided the local director operations and their HR team in the United States of America. We were able to support the client establish a strong foothold in the Netherlands and achieve significant growth in the European market.
The company successfully implemented HR processes in the Netherlands, aligned with the HR way of working in the United States of America. As a result of the successful implementation of HR processes, the company now operates with a streamlined and efficient HR function, allowing them to focus on their core business operations and continue to grow and expand in the European market. With our continued support and expertise, the company has access to a wide range of HR services that can help them navigate any HR-related challenges that may arise in the future.
- Works Council Consulting
- Works Council Netherlands, global software company
- Gain valuable insights on the approach and the questions to ask the entrepreneur, to ensure the Works Council would best represent and serve the interest of the employees.
- Successfully navigated the Works Council consultation process.
- Enhanced communication and collaboration with the entrepreneur.
- Improved knowledge, experiences and understanding of the Works Council's role and responsibilities.
Case for Change
The Works Council was facing a lack of knowledge and expertise during the Works Council consultation process. They were in need for the most adequate approach and practical guidance to achieve their goals with the entrepreneur.
We provided legal advice during the Works Council consultation process, helping the council remain compliant with the Dutch Works Councils Act. We worked closely to ensure that all necessary steps were taken to meet legal requirements and facilitate productive communication between the Works Council and the entrepreneur.
In addition to our legal expertise, we also assisted in the development of a comprehensive Works Council communication strategy. We were able to create a tailored approach that addressed the unique needs of their organisation and helped foster positive relationships with the entrepreneur.
The Works Council was able to successfully navigate the Works Council consultation process and developed a stronger, more effective communication strategy. The high-quality, personalised consulting support helped this Works Council thrive.
- HR Consulting
- International company in the education industry
- Implementation of employee benefits: pension scheme.
- Successfully implemented a pension scheme that met company and employees needs.
- Effective collaboration with the pension broker resulting in a seamless process and successful implementation of the project within the agreed timeline.
- Detailed communication plan with clear and timely formal communication for all stakeholders including Works Council.
Case for Change
The global company valueing the well-being of their employees, wanted to offer a comprehensive pension scheme in the Netherlands that would support their financial security in retirement.
We began by conducting a thorough analysis of the company's needs, HR and project requirements. To ensure a smooth implementation process, we created a detailed project plan and coordinated the implementation project from start to finish. We included the plan with the deliverables of the pension broker to ensure their expert insights on the available pension plans and supported the client select the most suitable scheme for their employees based on their vendor assessment requirements. We also developed a comprehensive communication plan and collaborated with the client's internal team and pension broker to communicate the pension scheme to their employees effectively in several workshops. Our aim was to ensure the employees understood the benefits of the pension scheme and felt confident in their decision to participate.
The company successfully implemented a pension scheme that met their budget, timelines, HR process and employee needs. We worked closely with the pension broker to ensure a seamless implementation process. Our communication plan was effective in reaching every stakeholder, Works Council's formal consent was obtained and employees were able to make informed decisions about their participation in the pension scheme.
Industry Resources and Insights
People & Organisation ›
Having a dedicated team of consultants by your side is crucial in managing your Human Capital. Our team is available to support in the HR strategy, organisation design, or HRIS implementation. Benefit from our HR consulting services to mitigate the risks and legal issues.