Online library with knowledge, insights, FAQs and support options to help you find the answers you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I register for a course?
To register for a course please contact our Academy Team. They will guide you through the registration process and provide you with the necessary information.
- Can you provide training onsite at my company’s premises?
Yes we can! All of our training courses at the Human in Progress Academy can be delivered in-person at your venue. We can travel to the office location to deliver courses at a time that suits your needs.
- Are the courses offered in English?
At the Human in Progress Academy, the courses are provided in English and if preferred in Dutch language too.
- What are the available courses?
The Human in Progress Academy offers a wide range of courses covering various topics such as HR Project Management, Works Councils, Leadership and more. Please refer to the Academy in the menu of this website for a complete list of available courses.
- What is the course duration?
At the Human in Progress Academy, the courses provided are 4 hours and the Masterclasses are 2 hours.
- Who will conduct the training, and what is their level of expertise and experience?
Courses are presented by highly qualified and experienced trainers who have a practical approach and excellent knowledge of transnational issues.
- How will the effectiveness of the training be measured and evaluated?
The effectiveness of the course is measured and evaluated in several ways, depending on the goals and objectives.
- Pre and post-course material: Before and after the training, participants receive documentation to measure the extent of knowledge or skills gained during the course.
- Survey: Feedback is collected from participants through our survey to measure the effectiveness of the course and identify areas for improvement.
- Follow-up training and support: After the course, our Academy Team is offering guidance. If a more extensive study of questions and advice is required, HR Services or Works Council Consulting is offered by us. Additional course, programmes and workshops can be also conducted to reinforce the skills learned during the initial course.
- What is the difference between HR Consulting and HR Operational Support?
HR Consulting is more strategic and advisory in nature, providing expert guidance and solutions for complex HR challenges and goals. HR Operational Support focuses on the day-to-day operational tasks and administrative functions of HR. Both services play crucial roles in supporting organisations' HR needs, but they differ in their scope, focus, and expertise.
- How can HR Consulting benefit my organisation?
HR Consulting can bring numerous benefits to your organisation, including enhanced HR practices, increased efficiency, improved employee satisfaction and engagement, reduced legal risks, effective change management, optimised recruitment and retention processes, and alignment of HR strategies with business objectives.
- Can your HR Services (HR Consulting & HR Operational Support) be provided remotely?
We offer HR Consulting and HR Operational Support remotely and onsite. With advanced technology and communication tools, we can effectively work with organisations regardless of their geographic location. If a visit to your company premises is required, the HR Consultant can travel to the company premises to deliver the services.
- Is HR Consulting only for large organisations?
HR consulting services are beneficial for organisations of all sizes. Whether you are a start-up, scale-up or a large corporation, HR consultants can provide valuable insights, expertise, and support to help you navigate HR challenges and optimise your HR practices.
- How long does an HR Consulting engagement typically last?
The duration of an HR consulting engagement varies depending on the complexity of the query/project and the specific needs of the organisation. It can range from a couple of hours to a few weeks for a specific project to several months or longer for comprehensive HR transformation initiatives.
- I am an employee and have an individual question regarding an HR issue, could you help out?
Our focus is on partnering and supporting (inter)national companies and consumer cases are not in our scope. However, we still would like to be able to provide guidance to employment law and Human Resources information for individuals. We have designed a separate page with a knowledge base of information, links, and guidance.
Works Council Netherlands
- What resources are available for Works Council members to stay informed and enhance our knowledge?
There are several ways as Works Council to get informed and enhance your knowledge and skills.
- Courses: The Human in Progress Academy offers Works Council courses at various levels of profiency.
- Insights: Works Council Insights is our blog category with published stories and tools to succeed as a member of the Works Council.
- Newsletter: Our monthly newsletter provides information about the latest new, insights and special offers.
- How many training days are Works Council members entitled to by the Dutch Works Councils Act?
According to Article 18 of the Dutch Works Councils Act (WOR), Works Council members are entitled to at least five days of training per year to enhance their knowledge and skills. This will ensure that Works Council members have the necessary knowledge and tools to effectively represent the interests of employees and to engage in constructive dialogue with the entrepreneur. The costs of the training are generally borne by the entrepreneur.
- What is a Works Council?
In the Netherlands the Works Council [ondernemingsraad, OR] is an internal body representing employees, promoting, and protecting the interest of the employees. The Works Council has consultation rights in respect of certain significant proposed management decisions. Furthermore, they have approval rights in respects of intended company decisions regarding employment policies.
- What is an European Works Council?