The Works Council [ondernemingsraad, OR] is an internal body representing, promoting and protecting the interest of the employees. The rules concerning Works Council courses are described in the Dutch Works Councils Act [WOR].
The council has consultation rights in respect of certain significant proposed management decisions. Furthermore, they have approval rights in respects of intended company decisions regarding employment policies.
The right to enhance knowledge
All Works Council members in the Netherlands have the right to be trained–that’s right!
According to the Works Councils Act on meetings and training (Art. 17 and 18 WOR): Works Council members have the right to enhance knowledge and receive training to succeed in the performance. All Works Council members are entitled to:
- The right to take off time from work to attend Works Council meetings.
- The right to take off time from work to follow training / courses.
In joint agreement the entrepreneur and the Works Council determine the required hours (for meetings) and days (for training) in line with the Works Councils Act.
The entrepreneur shall give members of the Works Council the opportunity during working hours and full pay or remuneration to undergo any training and development of sufficient quality which they deem necessary to enable them to perform their duties.
The total number of training days is at least 5 training days per year for any member of the Works Council.
Works Council courses
Searching for Works Council training can be overwhelming with all the available online offerings. However, with tailor-made content the relevant knowledge is shared within your objectives and needs.
The Human in Progress Academy is your first go-to for gaining knowledge, skills and power you need as Works Council member. The available online tailor-made programs are:
- Results-based driven providing impactful tangible experiences.
- Hands-on instructor Led Training (ILT) through case studies and interactive discussions.
- Frequently reviewed and thus comply with laws and market practices.
The process of developing the tailor-made online program or course starts by contacting us.
We will discuss your needs, skills, role and the level of knowledge of the participants.
- What Are ASMART Objectives and How to Set These Objectives. - December 20 2022
- 20 Tips How to Work Effectively. Working Smarter Tools. - December 20 2022
- 15 Ways to Achieve Your Goals. Strategies for Success. - December 19 2022