Guidelines Sick Leave
Everything you need to know about the Sick Leave Regulations in The Netherlands
A SICK LEAVE POLICY
Explore why a Sick Leave Regulation is required and a critical aspect of the employee lifecycle.
Sickness means, as a result of a physical or mental condition, as defined in Article 7:629 of the Dutch Civil Code (BW), the Employee is not able to perform or fully perform the work agreed to during the term of employment.
Reintegration [reintegratie] means working towards full recovery (if possible) and is the main objective during the Sickness Absence.
Employers, employees and the government have a strong common interest in good working conditions. The Working Conditions Act requires to every employer to conduct a health and safety policy aimed to provide optimal working conditions for employees.
The law sets all sorts of obligations for both the employee and the Employer to facilitate as much as possible the speedy recovery of the Employee. The purpose of the Sick Leave Regulation/ Protocol is to provide guidelines, expectations and obligations, during Sickness Absence, for Employer and Employees in accordance to the Permanent Incapacity Benefit (Restrictions) Act. Each company is obliged to have a Sickness Absence Policy outlining the expectations and obligations of Employer and Employee during Sickness Absence, in accordance to the Permanent Incapacity Benefit (Restrictions) Act.
REQUEST A CUSTOMISED SICK LEAVE POLICY
Contact us to make sure your company is compliant and request the Sick Leave Regulation/Protocol. The documentation will consist of:
- 17 pages incl. policy, process and instructions in English (or Dutch)
- Explanatory of parties involved in the process
- Reporting Sick Leave, return and partly return from Sick Leave
- Sick pay policy and payroll process
- Mandatory steps for Employer and Employee
- Glossary of Terms
- Change in Fixed Travel Allowance (Mileage Allowance per km) 2022 - September 7, 2021
- Tips for Outlook Calendar ProPlus - August 17, 2021
- Remove and Replace the Background from a Picture using PowerPoint - August 17, 2021