What are the Leaves of Absence types in The Netherlands?
Statutory Leaves of Absence arrangements
Leaves of Absence is regulated under the Work and Care Act [Wet Arbeid en Zorg] in the Netherlands, hereinafter referred to as: the WAZO. This Act defines the right to leave and the right to payment.
Statutory Leaves of Absence
- Pregnancy and maternity Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- Calamity Leave
- Short-term Care Leave
- Long-term Care Leave (for example Informal Care Leave in Dutch Mantelzorg)
- Adoption Leave
- Sick Leave
Besides leaves regulated under the WAZO there are more leave types: Special Leave. Special Leave is not based on law, but on general country specific common practice. Examples of Special Leave are:
- Leave for relocation.
- Leave for wedding of Employee, parents and inlaws.
- Leave for exams, study.
- Bereavement leave.
Per type of Special Leave, the amount of leave days can be established based on the company regulations.
- Compensation for companies ending their business - January 7, 2021
- Change in Fixed Travel Allowance (Mileage Allowance per km) 2021 - January 7, 2021
- Guidelines Training Costs Works Council Netherlands 2021. - January 7, 2021