Lunch Breaks and Status Messages.
Working Smarter Tools.
#1 – Block time for lunch in your Outlook calendar
It’s very easy to get caught up in work and lose track of time. Schedule lunchtime as an appointment in your Outlook calendar, not only are you prioritizing time to take care of yourself, but you are also preventing others from scheduling a meeting over lunch. Outlook will display your presence as “busy” and MS Teams will display the same during that time automatically.
#2 – Set a MS Teams status message
Managing time between team needs and your own is a challenge while we continue to adopt flexible ways of working. Teams Chat is an excellent tool for quick questions and connecting, however it’s important to be mindful of your colleague’s personal and work commitments.
- Click on your photo in the top right corner of Teams.
- Click on Set Status Message
- Type in a short message that indicates when you will return.
- You can choose for the message to clear after a period of time, so you don’t have to remember to clear your message.
- When in the office, you could also use this to indicate if you are in a different location.
- Click on Done to activate your message.
- This message will be at the top of Teams while you have a status message active.
Edit or delete your status message? Click on your photo in the top right corner of Teams and hover your mouse cursor over your status. Two symbols will appear: a pencil to edit and a trashcan to delete.
- Change in Fixed Travel Allowance (Mileage Allowance per km) 2022 - September 7, 2021
- Tips for Outlook Calendar ProPlus - August 17, 2021
- Remove and Replace the Background from a Picture using PowerPoint - August 17, 2021